UP Health System -- Marquette is now accepting qualified Pain/Health Psychologist candidates to join our positive interdisciplinary collegial team of 3. Doctoral degree & APA accredited internship required. Postdoctoral behavioral medicine training & experience in similar positions a plus.
Co-located in our Neuroscience Center with Neurology, Neurosurgery & Neuropsychology on the main campus of our brand-new state of the art hospital just opened in June, 2019
Responsibilities and Requirements:
• Assessing and treating chronic pain, chronically ill, and oncology patients in a team format
• Integrating evidence-based psychotherapy in both the outpatient clinical and inpatient hospital settings
• Psychological evaluation of surgical candidates
• Michigan license or eligibility
• Employed practice
• 95% outpatient and 5% inpatient mix
• Monday – Friday 8am to 4:30pm
• Target patient load 5-6 patients per day
• 60-minute appointments
• Experienced Psychometric technicians
• Office with EMR
• Occasional ICU consults
• Teaching affiliation with Michigan State University; medical students and family practice residents
• Highly competitive salary and benefits package including relocation assistance, CME, and matching 401k plan
UP Health System provides comprehensive healthcare for the Upper Peninsula of Michigan through its three hospitals and a number of physician practices. UP Health System – Marquette, part of Duke LifePoint Healthcare, is the flagship hospital of the UP Health System. It provides a full range of inpatient and outpatient services to residents from across the UP through its 307-bed specialty care hospital and numerous physician practices. It is a federally-designated regional referral center for the UP and a Level II trauma center. As a teaching hospital, it has numerous affiliations with universities and community colleges throughout the state and the Midwest and is part of the Upper Michigan Brain Tumor Center through its collaboration with Northern Michigan University. The hospital is also home to the UP Telehealth Network, a leading telehealth network in the U.S.
Marquette is located in the central region of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. It is the UP’s largest community and serves as the regional center for education, healthcare, recreation and retail. The city is home to excellent arts and culture opportunities and stellar schools, including Northern Michigan University, which houses the nation’s only Olympic Education Center. Its abundant natural beauty, unique climate and high quality of life have helped Marquette earn a reputation as one of the most livable cities in the country.
Water sports and skiing can be enjoyed just 15 minutes from the hospital, and family activities are available throughout the year. Marquette County boasts 85 miles of groomed cross-country ski trails and several Nordic skiing events. Summer promises fishing, mountain biking, hiking and sailing.