Seeking a Program Director who will help develop and lead a new Family Medicine Residency Program at Havasu Regional Medical Center. This is a full-time position which will include direct patient clinical care and teaching and administrative responsibilities.
- Provide leadership and guidance to program
- Oversee the quality of education, curricula and experiential rotations
- Lead the interview, selection and evaluation process of residents
- Provides leadership, mentoring, teaching and administrative oversight to the residents
- Lead and mentor faculty physicians
- Responsible for developing, growth and maintenance of accreditation of the program in adherence to all ACGME requirements
- Partner closely with Medical Staff and hospital staff to ensure effective integration within the organization
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated ability as a clinician and educator
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Current certification by the American Board of Family Medicine.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in clinical, educational, and administrative settings preferred.
With more than 300 days of sunshine each year and 400 miles of coastline, Lake Havasu City is a water lover's paradise with a host of opportunities for an active lifestyle.
Havasu Regional Medical Center is a licensed 171-bed acute care facility, fully accredited by The Joint Commission. It provides a full complement of patient-centered, community hospital and regional referral services in most major medical disciplines, and its affiliated physicians and allied health professionals represent a broad cross-section of specialty areas. It is a state-certified Advanced Life Support Base Hospital, authorizing medical direction and support of pre-hospital care providers and fire department paramedic personnel, and a state-certified Level IV trauma center.
Located on the Colorado River, Lake Havasu City blends a small community’s charm and quality of life with easy access to the metropolitan amenities of Phoenix, Las Vegas and Los Angeles. Lake Havasu Unified School District’s rigorous academic program sees students consistently outperform the county, state and nation in national norm-reference tests, and Mohave Community College operates a full campus with specialized training for specific industries, including a comprehensive nursing program.
Culture flourishes in Lake Havasu City with the MCC Performing Arts Series, Community Orchestra and Community Choir, Havasu Art Guild and a community theatre group. Recreational activities are anchored by Lake Havasu, a 45-mile long water recreation paradise, brimming with boating, fishing, water skiing and other fun opportunities. City and state parks offer full-service marina facilities, the recreation department maintains an outstanding indoor aquatic center and golfers can enjoy three 18-hole championship courses and two executive courses, all open to the public.