The most technologically-sophisticated facility between Pittsburgh and Harrisburg, Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center—a Level 1 Trauma Center located in Johnstown, PA—70 miles east of Pittsburgh, is searching for a skilled Urologist to join its busy practice! As a regional-referral hospital known for clinical excellence, Conemaugh has been providing high quality care to patients for more than a 100 years.
About your Work:
• Office conveniently located on the hospital campus
• One hospital for call coverage
• Teaching facility with 6 residency programs
• Volume of 20-30 patients/day in office
• Minimally invasive OR suites with robotic assisted surgery
• Voice activated laparoscopic technology
• MRI/Ultrasound Fusion Biopsy technology in the office
• Large, experienced support staff that includes two physician extenders
• New Outpatient Ambulatory Surgery Center opening in 2019
• EMR: Epic
• Family friendly, safe community and short commutes
• High performing schools
• Outdoor recreation abounds with beautiful hiking, biking and running trails
• Water enthusiasts enjoy tubing and kayaking on the waterways
• Art lovers will enjoy a number of galleries and entertainment offerings to include the Johnstown Symphony Orchestra
• Home to Johnstown Tomahawks (Tier II Junior Hockey Team)
• Easy access to large cities: Pittsburgh (70 mi.); Washington, DC (180 mi); Baltimore (180 mi); Philadelphia (239 mi)
Recruitment Package may include:
• Base salary + wRVU production incentive
• CME allowance
• Sign-on bonus
• Medical debt assistance
• Relocation allowance
• Residency stipend
• Full benefits including health insurance and retirement plan
• Marketing and practice growth assistance
Join an award-winning team committed to Making Communities Healthier in a family-friendly community!
Conemaugh Health System, a member of Duke LifePoint Healthcare, is the largest healthcare provider in west central Pennsylvania, serving over a half-million patients each year through the Conemaugh Physician Group and Medical Staff, a network of hospitals, specialty clinics and patient-focused programs. Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center, the flagship hospital of Conemaugh Health System, is the most technologically sophisticated hospital between Pittsburgh and Hershey. It holds the highest level of care designations for Neonatal Care (Level 3) and Trauma Care (Level 1). Advanced technology includes robotic-assisted surgery, state-of-the-art cardiac catheterization, electrophysiology, fetal echocardiography lab, Phillips Hybrid Operating Room, interventional radiology laboratories and diagnostic imaging. Conemaugh Memorial is acknowledged by U.S. News and World Report as a Best Hospital for Central Pennsylvania, and by the American Heart Association with the Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement award. The hospital also offers seven medical residency programs and a pharmacy residency among a host of educational opportunities.
Previously an industrial community with deep roots in the steel industry, Johnstown today is home to high-performing schools, safe and affordable neighborhoods, a rich historical heritage and a lively culture and arts scene, including the Johnstown Symphony and the Johnstown Concert Ballet. The University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown, Saint Francis University, Mount Aloysius College, Pennsylvania Highlands Community College and Cambria-Rowe Business College offer numerous educational pursuits.
Recreation for all four seasons abounds, including hiking, biking and running trails; winter activities at some of the most acclaimed resorts on the east coast; heritage and craft festivals; and area attractions like Idlewild Park & SoakZone, the All-American Amateur Baseball Association Tournament, Johnstown Tomahawks hockey games and interactive museums that celebrate the area's heritage.