Frye Regional Medical Center is seeking a BC/BE Pulmonary and Critical Care physician to join our established clinic. This practice opportunity has a mix of both inpatient and outpatient medicine that allows a physician to keep their skill set in both specialties.
- This is a hospital employed practice with a shared call rotation
- The group is unique in the fact that we offer an extremely flexible inpatient schedule
- The group covers the hospitals ICU from 7am -7pm but our hospitalist and telemedicine intensivists take night call so there is NO NIGHT call required
- Join a collegial group with excellent training and clinical skills
- Patient mix is very compliant and extremely appreciative of our medical staff
- Enjoy a wonderful balance of work and play with time to enjoy the beautiful community of Hickory and the amazing outdoors of North Carolina
- EBUS on-site
Recruitment Package may include:
- Base salary + wRVU production incentive
- Quality bonus
- CME allowance
- Sign-on bonus
- Medical debt assistance
- Relocation allowance
- Residency stipend
- Medical Director stipend
- Health benefits + Retirement plan
- Marketing + practice growth assistance
Welcome to Hickory, a city whose residents are known for craftsmanship, attention to detail and knowledge of natural resources.
A part of Duke LifePoint Healthcare, Frye Regional Medical Center has provided for the health and medical needs of the residents of the Catawba Valley region since 1911 and serves a population of nearly 500,000. Frye Regional Medical Center includes a 355-bed acute care hospital, which is home to the Frye Heart Center, Cancer Center and Brain Center. The system also includes the Frye South Campus, an inpatient adult behavioral health treatment center, and the FryeCare Physicians Network, offering access to more than 60 primary care and specialty care providers.
An “All- America City” and recognized as a “Most Livable Place to Live,” the Hickory area is located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains and boasts a long history of craftsmanship, being renowned as one of the top producing furniture communities in the nation. The region is dotted with quaint downtowns that boast shopping, dining and recreation options, as well as a growing number of vineyards. Schools are well regarded and educational opportunities include Lenoir-Rhyne University in Hickory, with Appalachian State University and Wake Forest University nearby. The local arts scene is supported by organizations like the Hickory Museum of Art, the Western Piedmont Symphony and the Hickory Choral Society, and millions are being invested to create greenspaces – including a Riverwalk – for residents and visitors alike to enjoy.
This vibrant region near the mountains offers close proximity to a number of cities in North Carolina, and a wealth of recreational opportunities. The temperate climate makes outdoor recreational destinations like Lake Hickory and the Blue Ridge Mountains a joy. The Hickory Crawdads, a Class A South Atlantic League affiliate of the Texas Rangers, is a popular way to enjoy the nation’s favorite pastime. And Hickory is also home to the Hickory Motor Speedway, nationally known as the Birthplace of the NASCAR Stars.