Busy, well-established practice in Johnstown—70 miles east of Pittsburgh-- is searching for a skilled internal medicine physician in search of an inpatient/outpatient primary care opportunity! Join two busy internal medicine physicians in a beautiful outpatient center, Conemaugh Medical Park, located less than 2 miles from Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center—a Level 1 Trauma Center and Level 3 NICU. Conemaugh is also home to an internal medicine residency program for those who enjoy teaching!
About the Community:
• Johnstown recently listed as #1 of11 Best Small Towns in Pennsylvania by PlanetWare
• Family-friendly, safe community and short commutes
• High-performing schools
• Outdoor recreation abounds with beautiful hiking, biking and running trails
• Water enthusiasts enjoy tubing and kayaking on the waterways
• Arts offerings for children and adults, including art classes and local galleries to enjoy
• Entertainment including Johnstown Symphony Orchestra, musical performances and concerts, semi-pro Johnstown Tomahawks hockey team
• Easy access to large cities: Pittsburgh (70 mi.); Washington, DC (180 mi); Baltimore (180); Philadelphia (239 mi)
Recruitment Package may include:
- Base salary + wRVU production incentive
- Quality bonus
- CME allowance
- Sign-on bonus
- Medical debt assistance
- Relocation allowance
- Residency stipend
- Health benefits + Retirement plan
- Marketing + practice growth assistance
Conemaugh Health System, a member of Duke LifePoint Healthcare, is the largest healthcare provider in west central Pennsylvania, serving over a half-million patients each year through the Conemaugh Physician Group and Medical Staff, a network of hospitals, specialty clinics and patient-focused programs. Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center, the flagship hospital of Conemaugh Health System, is the most technologically sophisticated hospital between Pittsburgh and Hershey. It holds the highest level of care designations for Neonatal Care (Level 3) and Trauma Care (Level 1). Advanced technology includes robotic-assisted surgery, state-of-the-art cardiac catheterization, electrophysiology, fetal echocardiography lab, Phillips Hybrid Operating Room, interventional radiology laboratories and diagnostic imaging. Conemaugh Memorial is acknowledged by U.S. News and World Report as a Best Hospital for Central Pennsylvania, and by the American Heart Association with the Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement award. The hospital also offers seven medical residency programs and a pharmacy residency among a host of educational opportunities.
Previously an industrial community with deep roots in the steel industry, Johnstown today is home to high-performing schools, safe and affordable neighborhoods, a rich historical heritage and a lively culture and arts scene, including the Johnstown Symphony and the Johnstown Concert Ballet. The University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown, Saint Francis University, Mount Aloysius College, Pennsylvania Highlands Community College and Cambria-Rowe Business College offer numerous educational pursuits.
Recreation for all four seasons abounds, including hiking, biking and running trails; winter activities at some of the most acclaimed resorts on the east coast; heritage and craft festivals; and area attractions like Idlewild Park & SoakZone, the All-American Amateur Baseball Association Tournament, Johnstown Tomahawks hockey games and interactive museums that celebrate the area's heritage.