Patient and Family Advisory Board
LifePoint Health’s Patient and Family Advisory Board (PFAB) provides guidance to the company on efforts related to patient engagement and satisfaction.
The PFAB complements LifePoint’s efforts to enhance quality and safety and ensure a patient-centered approach to care in the communities it serves. The board, created in July 2014, empowers patients and family members to become involved in strategic conversations about the dynamic healthcare industry and provide insightful feedback about their experiences, so that we can better understand their needs and augment how we deliver safe, high quality care.
PFAB mission statement
Inspiring and Embracing the Patient and Family Voice to Make Communities Healthier.
The group is comprised of patients or family members of patients who have received care in a LifePoint-affiliated hospital, as well as select company leaders. Board members represent a diverse range of care experiences in both clinic and hospital settings and in communities across the LifePoint system.
Patient and Family Advisory Board members
- Amy Buesing, Memorial Medical Center of Las Cruces, Las Cruces, N.M.
- Patrick Burch, Wilson Medical Center, Wilson, N.C.
- Woody Caudle, Maria Parham Medical Center, Henderson, N.C.
- Laura Evans, PFAB Co-Chair, Minden Medical Center, Minden, La.
- JoEllen Reed, Clark Regional Medical Center, Winchester, Ky.
- Rusty Holman, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, PFAB Co-Chair
- William F. Carpenter III, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
- John Bumpus, Executive Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer
- Sean Tuley, Chief Information Officer
- Michelle Watson, Chief Nursing Officer of LifePoint’s Central Group
- Dr. Karen Frush, Vice President of Quality for LifePoint and Chief Patient Safety Officer for Duke University Health System
- Vinitia Mathews, Vice President, Patient Experience
(L-R): Bill Carpenter, John Bumpus, Tammie Lucero, Vinitia Mathews, Amy Buesing, Michelle Watson, R.N., Karen Frush, M.D., Patrick Burch, Woody Caudle, Laura Evans, Rusty Holman, M.D.
Not pictured: JoEllen Reed, Brigid Stevens, and Sean Tuley